Worked from home today. I actually got quite a bit of work done despite the slow dialup connection and temptation to just sit and watch tv. :)
My new bed was delivered as scheduled. It's huge! Well, it is a queen-size bed so it's considerably larger than my old twin bed. I'm sure I'll quickly get used to how it fits in my room. My one concern is that if I do happen to fall off, it's a longer way down than before! The a/c repair guy came by today as well. I was mildly scolded for not having had my a/c system checked out yearly (oops). Anyway, he couldn't find anything wrong with the blower motor in the furnace, but he did need to recharge the freon and clean out the housing of the outside unit. Hopefully that will do the trick. So far, it seems to be cooling better. Then again, it was not as warm out today as it had been, so the real test will come once the temps go up again.
Oh, I met my cousin and aunt from California last night. They are very nice, and very intelligent. My aunt is quite the philanthropist as well; she has done tons of charity work in the Philippines. My family is also involved in some charity organizations, but my aunt encouraged us to do even more, as there are so many people who need help in the Philippines, from abused children to homeless elderly. My mom asked my aunt to send some contact info her way for some of these groups, so that the fundraising org that she and my dad are members of might be able to sponsor/send aid to some of them.
My new bed was delivered as scheduled. It's huge! Well, it is a queen-size bed so it's considerably larger than my old twin bed. I'm sure I'll quickly get used to how it fits in my room. My one concern is that if I do happen to fall off, it's a longer way down than before! The a/c repair guy came by today as well. I was mildly scolded for not having had my a/c system checked out yearly (oops). Anyway, he couldn't find anything wrong with the blower motor in the furnace, but he did need to recharge the freon and clean out the housing of the outside unit. Hopefully that will do the trick. So far, it seems to be cooling better. Then again, it was not as warm out today as it had been, so the real test will come once the temps go up again.
Oh, I met my cousin and aunt from California last night. They are very nice, and very intelligent. My aunt is quite the philanthropist as well; she has done tons of charity work in the Philippines. My family is also involved in some charity organizations, but my aunt encouraged us to do even more, as there are so many people who need help in the Philippines, from abused children to homeless elderly. My mom asked my aunt to send some contact info her way for some of these groups, so that the fundraising org that she and my dad are members of might be able to sponsor/send aid to some of them.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home