the RONaround archives

What am I thinking? What am I doing? This is where I'll be sharing the goings-on around my world each day/week/however frequently I get around to writing something down. :) [This was my "everyday" blog from June 2002 through December 2005. Please see my LiveJournal for current entries!]

Sunday, June 12, 2005

They got served

Yesterday I took part in the annual Chicago Cares Serve-a-Thon with a team of co-workers. During this event, thousands of volunteers go on projects throughout Chicago to clean up and beautify schools, parks, and community centers. My team went to a public high school on the south side of Chicago to paint several classrooms. This was the third year I participated in the Serve-a-Thon and it's always fun to hang out with co-workers while doing something good for the community. I was exhausted and sticky afterwards :-) but it was worth it.

My dad went on a fishing trip at Starved Rock today with Tito Jess, Tito Tony, and Tito Boy. Mom sent me a pic of this *enormous* fish (well, bigger than the little things they usually catch) that Tito Tony caught. I'm surprised they were able to reel that sucker in! :-)

Big fish Posted by Hello

I got my grade in the Management Accounting class I took last quarter: B+ (waah!)... I missed an A- by less than 1.5%. I'm a little bummed because I had at least an A- going after the midterm, then did poorly on the final (82.5%). Oh well. Hopefully I'll get a better grade in my Marketing class. This week my next class starts - Management of Information Technology. I'll be familiar with the subject matter since I work in I/T :-) but by the looks of the syllabus, there will be a lot of busy work, so I can't exactly slack off either. Luckily it's only a five-week class and I'll have the rest of the summer off from school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home