the RONaround archives

What am I thinking? What am I doing? This is where I'll be sharing the goings-on around my world each day/week/however frequently I get around to writing something down. :) [This was my "everyday" blog from June 2002 through December 2005. Please see my LiveJournal for current entries!]

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Go ChiSox!

As I write this, the Chicago White Sox have just won the American League Championship against the Anaheim Angels, and will be going to their first World Series since 1959! Whoo!!!

The Bears won today too, and took the lead in their division... with a 2-3 record. Oy.

Work and school last week kind of dragged, but my weekend was pretty nice. Last night I went to my ex-co-worker Rebecca's birthday party at Vida Lounge in Chicago. She and four friends co-celebrated their b-days, and over 100 guests showed up! There was lots of latin music and dancing, and I got a couple of basic salsa lessons, LOL.

Today I went to mass w/my grandma while Mom & Dad went to a brunch party. I saw Sebastian and Tita Cora at church... when I met them in the lobby after mass, he told me, "my name is Sebastian!" :) He turns three years old next month! After church and lunch, I went to Woodfield for the first time in a while. I had a battery in one of Dad's watches replaced, and I picked up a pair of boot-cut jeans and a belt at JC Penney for $30. :) Yay for sales. I'm in the midst of a "wardrobe refresh" of sorts... I also just bought some dress pants online from GapKids that arrived the other day.

I will be missing class this week to attend a company meeting on Thursday at Harry Caray's downtown. I should be able to get notes from a classmate, and I might make up the class the following Tuesday in the prof's other section. We'll see if I can swing it. My main worry is that I'll miss something critical before the next midterm exam, but I should be okay if I keep up with the homework.

In closing... Yay White Sox! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home