Da Godfatha
Today was a special day... baby Olivia, my cousin Jim & his wife Mari's 3-month-old daughter, was baptized today, and I am one of her godparents. This was the first baptism that I was officially part of (I have a godson in the Philippines, but I did not attend his baptism, and in fact have not even met him yet). I'm so honored that Jim and Mari chose me to be one of Olivia's godfathers. We also celebrated Sebastian's 3rd birthday today. He was very sweet to his little sister during the baptism ceremony, and also very talkative. :) Little Reese was a good boy too during his siblings' celebration.
The festivities were a nice way to wrap up the long Thanksgiving weekend. I spent Thanksgiving day with my family out in the 'burbs mostly, first at Jon & Pepper's house for lunch, then at my parents' house for dinner. Friday I stayed in and did laundry and stuff around the house. Yesterday, I attended the DePaul-Northwestern basketball game... I was supposed to meet up with my friends Stephanie and Mike from work, but either their plans changed and they ended up not going, or they sat somewhere other than the DePaul student section and I didn't see them. Anyway, it was a good game, and DePaul won 59-49! Last night I went to dinner in Greektown with my parents, Lori, and Tita Marie & Mark. I have so many leftovers from there, as well as from today's party, that I may not have to cook dinner all week, LOL.
It's gonna be hard to be at work tomorrow. Hopefully we won't have too many support incidents. I also hope that the cold I think I am coming down with doesn't get too bad. So far, I'm only suffering a bit of sneezing and itchy nose, and just a slight feeling of sicky-ness. I'd like to at least remain healthy enough to be able to see the new Harry Potter movie with Kathy and Patrick some time this week! :)
The festivities were a nice way to wrap up the long Thanksgiving weekend. I spent Thanksgiving day with my family out in the 'burbs mostly, first at Jon & Pepper's house for lunch, then at my parents' house for dinner. Friday I stayed in and did laundry and stuff around the house. Yesterday, I attended the DePaul-Northwestern basketball game... I was supposed to meet up with my friends Stephanie and Mike from work, but either their plans changed and they ended up not going, or they sat somewhere other than the DePaul student section and I didn't see them. Anyway, it was a good game, and DePaul won 59-49! Last night I went to dinner in Greektown with my parents, Lori, and Tita Marie & Mark. I have so many leftovers from there, as well as from today's party, that I may not have to cook dinner all week, LOL.
It's gonna be hard to be at work tomorrow. Hopefully we won't have too many support incidents. I also hope that the cold I think I am coming down with doesn't get too bad. So far, I'm only suffering a bit of sneezing and itchy nose, and just a slight feeling of sicky-ness. I'd like to at least remain healthy enough to be able to see the new Harry Potter movie with Kathy and Patrick some time this week! :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home